Digital signage is a specialized type of sliver casting where videos are displayed in public for informational or marketing purposes. The market is expected to grow as businesses realize the impact it has. However, you need to have great content for you to get the results you want. Here are tips for great digital signage content.
- The content should be more than a sales pitch. Instead, it should inform the buyer the solution being provided by the goods and services. You can advertise more using digital signage, but marketers should be careful not to turn it into an animated version of their brochure.
- Depending on the environment, you can enhance the adverts by integrating them with news and informational programming. The approach can be effective in places customers spend time waiting for a service, for instance, the waiting lobby at a doctor’s place, hotel lobby, and other checkout places.
- The advertisement can be made more appealing by having a full motion video supporting the text. The use of full motion videos is guaranteed to invoke human emotion compared to using animated objects. Marketers will have the ability to reach out to the buyers’ feelings, and this will have a huge impact since the buyer will pay more attention to the message.
- Keep the design of the signage simple. The signage should engage the audience and reinforce your brand. Putting too many details will make it look like it is full of clutter and buyers will not pay attention to it.
- Use content you already have on different platforms. It will make it easier for you to update your signage and makes it easier for content managers to generate new content.
- Maximize on training opportunities to help learn new ways of optimizing your system. You can maximize on your investment by taking advantage of training opportunities, system updates, and webinars that will increase your knowledge and skill in optimizing the digital signage system.
- Ensure the content you use is relevant. The content should constantly be updated for the buyer to be interested.
- The content used should prompt a call to action response from the buyer. The call to action will direct the viewer to respond to your message.
- Buyers like being recognized. The content should recognize the viewer for responding. The viewer will be encouraged to view and respond to the message since they know they will get something out of it.
- The content used should be dynamic and change regularly. It should reflect real-time information and have the ability to change without the need of having manual intervention.
- Even with the call to action, viewers need to see content that is more engaging. If they can interact with the system and have some form of control over the content, they are more likely to pay attention to the message.
- New information should be added periodically to keep the customers’ attention focused on the message. Content that stays the same for too long does not attract viewers and will not reflect well on the brand.
Digital signage continues evolving and is replacing other forms of advertisements. Businesses that want to get ahead should embrace the new technology and use these tips to optimize it. It will prove to be beneficial to the business and will increase their market reach.