Find Your MAC Address
What is a MAC Address?
A MAC address is a unique identifier assigned to a Network Interface Card (NIC) by the manufacturer. It is 12 characters long consisting of digits (0-9) and letters (A-F). It can be represented in different notations depending on the manufacturer of the device.
Some examples are below:
Finding the MAC Address of Your Device
Most manufacturers will print the MAC address on a label on the back or on the bottom of the device. To find the MAC address quickly, it is recommended that you physically inspect your device for this label. If you cannot find the label or it is not printed on the device, you will need to go through the device’s system menus to find it. Below is a list of common devices with instructions on how to find the MAC address by navigating system menus.
Using the list below, select the device you wish to find the MAC address of:
- Right-click on the Start button and select Command Prompt from the menu
- Type in “ipconfig /all” and press Enter. Your network configurations will display
- Scroll down to your network adapter and look for the values next to “Physical Address,” which is your MAC address
1. System Preferences > Network
2. Wi-Fi > Advanced button
3. Provide us with the Wi-Fi Address
- Open the Settings
- Tap Network & Internet -> Wi-Fi
- Tap the gear icon associated with Students
- Tap MAC address type
- Tap Phone MAC
- Provide us with the MAC address
- Open the Settings Wi-Fi
- Tap the information button next to Students
- Turn off Private Address
- Provide us with the Wi-Fi Address
1. Home > System Settings
3. Provide us information under System MAC Address
- From the Playstation Home screen, select Settings in the upper right.
- Select System.
- Select System Software.
- Select Console Information.
- The MAC address will be listed by MAC Address(Wi-Fi).
- Navigate to the Settings page.
- Select Network.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- Under IP settings, the MAC address will be listed next to Wired MAC and Wireless MAC on the right-hand side of the screen (this is also where the IP address and other information is located).